Monday, February 6, 2012

Stray Cat and Cat Hip

Okay today was a very big day for me. We will get to the stray cat thing later. But 2 days ago I went to my little creek in my backyard. My friend Nikki was here too. We decided to find some shells or rocks in the creek. While we were playing I went to go sit down. Nikki was searching in the far back of the creek were I never go. I asked " What are you doing?" "Searching." she said. Then she told me to come here and quick. I ran as fast as I could and you know what was in the creek? Another cat bone of course. It was a hip bone and very fragile. I grabbed a shovel and container and put it in. Then showed everybody. I t was interesting. Thanks Nikki!

Next I was going to bring my dad to the airport. So after that we decided to ask mom if we could pick up her cups she needed. So she hurried to the store and came back with a lot of cups. So we drove home and while we drove we noticed the back of Macaroni Grill. There was a garbage can next to it and a cat! The cat looked starving and was very dirty. So we figured it was a stray. We parked as close as we could to the cat. It was a black cat that had long fur and had a white fluffy muzzle on the nose. So it was a black and white cat. My mom went in the trunk and grabbed some cat food. She approached the cat and it hissed and it's back arched. She placed the cat food in front of it. The cat smelled it. Then ate it in big gulps. She ate slowly. While she was eating a mall police person came and asked us what we were doing. She actually thought we were feeding a skunk since it was black and white. My mom explained that we were trying to help the pore cat. The officer gave us ideas and gave us good luck. So after she left the cat was finished eating. So when the cat finished my mom got another can of food. She then made a path of cat food and the cat started eating the whole path. Finally she jumped in the front seat. Mom quietly closed the door and got in the car she turned on the engine. The cat jumped in front of mom on the window. Now mom could not see. So then she drove and the cat jumped down right on my feet. Then it laid down and relaxed.

We got home and everything was all right. The cat was all tired. We even named it Nikita. We were tired. My mom got out of the car and closed the garage door. Then we got out and in the house. Mom coaxed the cat out of the car with food. It jumped down and ate. Then mom pet the cat. It didn't seem to mind. Then my mom grabbed a water bowl and some cat litter. We predict the cat was abandoned. Then my mom made a bed out of blankets. After that the cat ate and drank then slept under the car. It was all tired from the car ride and cold outside. It fell asleep in the warm garage. Mom crept out. Then called the vet for an appointment. They said in 2 days because they were busy tomorrow. So we agreed because we had yoga tomorrow. Then we waited for a couple of hours to make the cat calm down. After that my mom checked it again and you know what? The cat looked beat up. It looked like it had a hard life. So we knew more that it should not be with it's owner ever again. Period! So I will report after we get back from the vet! Wish me luck that it's a stray so we could give it a new home!

Bye! Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment