Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saved a Worm and Slug and more

I just saved a worm and slug! Well it all started when I was cleaning twigs and leaves and mud and garbage out of the creek I have. While I was almost done my sister, Brooklynn, found a worm in a deep part in the water drowning. So I said " Pick it up!" She picked it up by the tail. I said to give to me. She gave it and said that it was getting cold. So she left. Then I decided to make a little home and habitat that a worm will just love. First I had to find a place. I didn't really know if it was a water worm or an Earth worm. So I splashed it in the water once in a while for a second. But then I found the place it was between land and water. The water was dripping from the mud and the mud was best for a worm. There was even dry mud. So I got some rocks. Then I made a little half circle around the water part and out stuck a bit of water like a pool. So if he was a water worm he could get in the pool and not go so deep in. Then I grabbed some big sticks to make bridges around for him. Then I added some nice green plants around it so he could have shade and shelter. Then I added some mini sticks. But then in the middle of the water was something squishy. Like a slug. But it moved like a caterpillar. So I took it and put it on land for air. He seemed happy. Then I went back to work. So then I looked to see if there was any other worms or predators in the lurk. Nothing except a worm that was fat. I took it and put it in another muddy cold spot with shelter and sun. Then when I went back the slug was gone. I looked everywhere but he was gone. So I went back to work and put nice moss in for beds. Then I took mud and splattered it on some stuff. Next I found little twigs and flowers to make as floaters just in case if the worm gets in the pool and drowns. Smart huh? I put rocks around so he can't get any further into the water again. Then finally after half and hour I found the slug and he looked like he was dead because he was in the water again. So I put him on a little coast by the water and covered him with leaves from predators if he was alive of course. Then I put the worm down named Wormy and he slithered into the pool. He was drowning and I found the problem. There was a crack in the rocks so more water came in and was over flowing his new home. But there was no escape entrance for the pool so I made a crack and most of the water drained away. Now he was safe. Then I put him down again and said good bye. But he slithered onto a stick and was high on a big bridge he put his head up and said good  bye then slithered down some sticks into the dirt and away he went in the dirt. Tears formed up in my eyes as I said bye to Wormy. Then I checked on the slug and it was gone! I checked the water no slug. Then I found him in grass. He was gone then. I knew he was going to be safe. Then I went in the house still with tears.

Okay now I have to go but what I have to say is if you win Adam Lambert tickets then you can't bring your cameras or your phones or any electronics. Some news people and camera people will take videos and pictures for you and then send them to you. So don't worry.

Bye! Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment