Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Field Trip


Hello today I am going to talk about the field trip I went on. First of all I had to wait until 9:00 in the morning. But my mom was a helper and she was not there. We went to walk to the school bus. Then I got worried that my mom won't come. Then we sat in the grass waiting for my mom. Then she came right before we went in the bus. We picked a group yesterday and they were my mom, Adam, Gabe and me. It took a half of a hour to get there and I did not know where we were going.

When we came off we noticed we were at a pioneer place about pioneers in the 1800s. There were shops, real pioneer houses that pioneers make, carpenter shops, schools, hotels, food stores and barns. People were dressed up as pioneers and there was trains we can go on for free. There was a big pond too and there was a small train you can go on around the pond. But it was broken.

First we were taken to a weird wagon thing. It was called a cart. It weighted 3 pounds. There was a girl line and a boy line. We went in different groups. We will be back in our old group later. It was me, Aubrey, a girl I did not know, Blake, a boy I did not know and Noah. Boys were in the back and girls in the front. After 5 minutes we switched girls in the back boys in the front. Then after another 5 minutes we parked it was hard though because we couldn't stop it. It is big as a counter.

After that we went to the carpenter shop. The man showed tools. We get to try them after he explained. I made curly wood. Everything was made of wood and metal. After that we went to the school. It was really different inside. It looked like a church. The woman showed us stuff. When there was a student saying mean words they will have to stick their nose on the wall and make their arms straight out. They have do that for 20 minutes if the teacher sees your nose off the wall or arms flat they have to start all over again. If the teacher asked a question to a student and they got it wrong they sit on a stool and the teacher puts a hat on their head and says dunce. It looks like a party hat that is plain brown with the word dunce. If a student fights then the teacher takes him or her bending down her arms touching her feet and the teacher takes a wooden thing and slaps it hard on the bum 10 times until he or she cries. Teachers are sure mean when the pioneers settled the land. Also when you say a answer or question you have to cross your legs and put your hands together like saying a prayer.

After that we went to a house. I have learned that pioneers had to share houses, clothes and food. They took baths together. Did lot's of chores. Not very much money only like 4 to 9 dollars. Normally trade stuff and do chores for one another. Not very much houses but they share. Normally have 44 children and lots of grownups.

Then we did a dance. We went on our heels and toes 5 times then slide then slide heels and toes 5 times then slide again. Then clap right hand 3 times clap left hand 3 times then both hands 3 times then clap your heels 3 times. Then twist to another partner. We did lots of partners.

After that we had lunch. Then we played and went on the train and in the houses and also you get a party here and get married here. Also there's this guy who has 52 wives. Then we left for the bus. That was a day I would never forget. Bye see you soon. P.S. More helpers seriously people. Sincerely Jillian.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we got to spend the day together at your field trip! I loved riding the bus with you and taking lots of pictures and video. You looked so cute dancing and pulling the handcart. And I loved the chores like washing clothes, plowing and getting the dust out of the rug. What a fun day! And I'm glad you have such a nice teacher. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you. That was so fun with you and me and the rest of the group. I want to go everyday like it is the same.

    ReplyDelete