Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Second Field Trip and Another Skunk Sighting

Hello! Today I am going to talk about my second field trip and another skunk sighting in my backyard at 6:00 pm. It was strange though because skunks come late at night when it is dark outside. Also don't forget the judging of your Halloween costume just go to comments below this post and type in what you are going to be for Halloween the judging is over at the first day of November and then if you win I will wright you on my post of first place second place and third place and everybody that is an animal rescuer in my blog will read about you. Sounds cool huh? 

Now let's start about my field trip well I got up on a cool cloudy morning and I put some warm clothes on because it was supposed to be very cold that day. Then I went to eat some chocolate cereal with milk on top and some banana's and I had water for a drink. After eating I brushed my hair and my teeth. Then went to put my shoes and socks on and my coat and backpack. My mom said we had to go in the car because we had to be there early. After a short time of having gas in our car we drove to school. Then finally about an hour later we went in the bus to Eagle Creek and it took about an hour or so to get there. So after about an hour we got out of the bus and got instructions from Mr.Q and headed for our stations. I was in station b first. There was a guy who told about salmon which we were supposed to learn about which was very interesting. He showed all the different types of fins on a salmon with a real dead fish that died of old age. He showed the fins and what they do and he showed the Pectoral Line and after looking in the outside of the body he cut open the fish and we looked in the inside. He showed us the heart, intestines, blood, spine, eggs which were dead, lungs, breathing sac that makes the fish go up or sink and a few more that I forgot and this field trip was 2 days ago. Then we went to station c and went to see real living mother fish making nests for their eggs called Redds. We even saw some males and females chasing each other. We just took a short hike around to see them. Then we went to station a to see the habitat the salmon live in but it was a shorter hike then station c. After that we went to the bus and had lunch and drove to a salmon sanctuary to see salmon in water cages. After we stopped we cleaned up our lunches and went to our chaperone. Chaperone means the parent you are with. We looked around the sanctuary and saw some salmon jumping up and down in their cages. We fed them some crumbs of salmon food. We even watched a little movie about salmon. We even saw one of the biggest salmon which is named Herman the Sturgeon.  We saw some smolts and fry's which means that probably the fish are teenagers. We even saw a few trouts. After time was up we went back to the bus for the field trip to be over. The End 

Now about the skunk that came at 6:00 at my house in the backyard. When I came home from school and played with my toys my mom was closing the blinds. Then she yelled", Jillian come here look a skunk!" I ran downstairs and saw the skunk it looked like the same one I saw a while ago before I went to bed. Well I am wondering why did it come in the morning? That is so strange. You could probably guess on comments by going to comments on the bottom of this post and click on it then do a guess and I will answer back. Bye! 

1 comment:

  1. I love your post! I'm going to be a purple witch for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete