Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Mini Animal Shelter

Yesterday I made a mini animal shelter in my backyard. It was by my creek and I made rocks to make it a swimming pool. Then I added plants and other things inside my animal shelter. Then I did my search for animals. I looked under dirt, under rocks, in the water, on bark, on trees, in holes, and other places to find hurt and needing help insects. I found 3 adult worms, 1 baby worm, 1 jumping spider, 2 slugs, 2 flies, and a ladybug. I found all the adult worms in the water, I found the baby worm sitting alone in the dirt, I found the jumping spider stuck in the mud, I found both slugs in the water, I found the two flies in the water, and I found the ladybug on a plant. Well the spider will eat them so I put him/her in a private section in my mini animal shelter. The others were hanging out and having fun. But the spider didn't so I gave him/her more attention. Then I went back to the others and they were gone! I noticed holes in the ground so the worms must have dug in the ground. The ladybug was hiding under a leaf I figured. The 2 flies were resting on 2 seperate leaves. The 2 slugs were gone! I looked under rocks and leaves and dirt and water. No sight. Then I looked under the pool rocks found one! Then I found the other one under a big piece of dirt. I got him! Now they are safe. Then I looked back at the spider who was resting. then looked at the others. The flies flew away and the ladybug! Oh well. I guess I will see them soon-not! At least I saved them. Then the jumping spider jumped over the barriers into the world around him and out the shelter he went. I guess he is ready to live again in the open. Then the slugs went under leaves and rested. I guess I should leave them alone now so I went inside the house.

Guess what? On my driveway I saved a pregnant slug. It was fat and I saw it give birth to a baby slug. Right in front of me! It just pooped it out! Really! That is what birth is all about! What? Anyway I took both and put them under the bush and my bus came so I said goodbye and watched the next baby come out and I just went on the bus next.

Have to go! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment