Friday, April 27, 2012

Experiments

Experiments are very important to learn about for education. For kids and even adults. Here are experiments I did with my teacher Mr. Q and my class. Hope you share your experiments to me because here are two.

Plant Experiment:
Our class was going to compare dirt and compost. If you hate worms this might disgust you. Compost is poop from worms. But its good for the earth. Worms eat natural growing things. Like for examples apple cores or orange peels or even banana peels. Worms eat it then poop it. Then it helps plants grow. But we didn't know how much dirt to put in and how much compost to put in. Here is how we set it up:

We used milk cartons and cut of the lids of them ( They were empty.) Then next we put different amounts of dirt and compost like 1/2 of dirt and 1/2 of compost in one milk cup. We planted two different plants that are yummy to eat and they were vegetables. I can't remember but anyway we did. After that we measured them time to time. Then jotted them down. Today we were supposed to pick some radishes I suppose? But we forgot. Anyway then we got out answers. Here they are:

Just dirt makes plants die and just compost so they need both. How much? You decide!

That is how we did our 1st experiment.

Flight Experiment:
Our class is learning about flight from planes and such. So my teacher let us do our one experiment. My question was will big airplanes fly better or small airplanes? So I did that. So I folded one big airplane and a teeny tiny airplane. Then each of them had two trials and in all 4 trials. I measured them with a yard stick. The winner? If you want to know the answer try to find the answer on this blog. I will give you a clue look on the next post after this one. Then you will see. Have a great finding time!

Jillian P.S. Try to show me your experiment too on comments. P.P.S Act like a scientist.

No comments:

Post a Comment