Friday, September 23, 2011

Field Trip and Skunk







Hello! Today this is so much fun stuff in here there is about this hike or field trip and about a skunk sighting. Well you know when you are at school you get on the bus to go on a field trip but my mom came to so that is awesome. I also almost missed the field trip. Well I guess I will tell you the whole story. I was getting ready for school but it took forever for me to get up and get ready. My sister went to the bus while I went with my mom in her car. My mom said on the way to school she needed gas. So we went to the gas station. It took us a while then finally we went to school. When I got there everybody was there luckily. Then in about 3 minutes we left and walked in the hall to the bus. On the bus we had a different bus driver then my bus driver. My bus driver's name is Dave. But this one is a girl with red hair named June. When we went in the bus Cecelia sat next to me. She told me that she brought a book with her so she wont be bored. So Cecelia read the book to me. After that we got bored reading the book. So we played bubble gum, chopsticks, coconut and said a poem. It was fun. Then we got bored and just watched out the window hoping the bus will stop soon. Then after 10 minutes watching out the window the bus stopped at the Vista House witch was a big building and there was the Columbia River next to the Vista House we also saw Seal Rock in the Columbia River. There was lots of forests around the Columbia River too. Then a man stepped in the bus and he was a tour guider. He told us about the Gorge and he said, "Well at Montana there was a big lake and there was ice around the lake. Then on a very hot day the ice melted and the river crashed through. But the river crashed through making the Columbia River. Then when the pioneers were on a boat and went to Seal Rock they saw seals and they were happy because they were almost to sea. That's why Seal Rock is called Seal Rock. That is when they camped and admired the beautiful place they thought it was so beautiful they made the Vista House born. They bought glass windows and marble floors and everything they wanted even bathrooms then when us came we made the Vista House a little different. So after looking in the building and the river we went to the bus again and had a snack in the bus while it was driving to a forest path. When the bus parked we got out and Mr.Q gave us instructions he said," Okay class there are some hazards here there are 2 main hazards the first one is that some other hikers don't take the path they go past or over the path you could get lost if you don't take the path. Also if you are lost take the left path instead of the right path because the left path will take you to the beginning again. The second hazard is that there is lots of cliffs and mountains you could fall off so be careful. On your camera you may take 16 pictures the groups are find 4 types of bark, 4 types of living things, 4 types of rocks and 4 types of foliage witch means the things that are sticking out of the branches. I will be the head leader. Any questions? " Nobody raised their hand. Everybody was silent. Mr.Q said," Lets go then." Everybody followed him I was with my group witch were Mia, Logan, me, my mom and Kelton. While we were walking Mia had the camera taking a picture of a rock while I was day dreaming. We were walking a big hill then we saw a waterfall my mom said I could borrow her phone and take pictures then we went on walking. I was taking pictures of the green foliage while Mia was taking pictures with the school camera while I was using my moms phone. Pretending not to help Mia with what Mr.Q said about the 16 pictures. Just being free to take as many pictures as I want on my moms phone. Anyways Mia wanted to do the camera and her job by herself. That is why my mom let me use her phone. Then after a short period of time we saw a wooly bear caterpillar witch it is it's full name. Then a boy I didn't know came and flicked the caterpillar. The caterpillar was already dead. Then we saw slugs and snails everywhere and they are huge. The slugs are spotted with black and are squishy. The snails are not spotted and our moving slowly on their pretty shells. There was funny types of trees and bark. Some living things looked weird. The rocks had many types of shapes and sizes. There was moss growing everywhere and very few hikers. Two people found some types of frogs by them selves. Witch were a boy I didn't know and me. I found a frog that was brown and small. The boy found a warty toad that was black and green. We saw lots of waterfalls and only 1 dog. My mom found a squirrel. After the long hike we had lunch at a field. After we ate we played games at the field. I just talked with Mr.Q and my mom and a couple of friends. After lunch we packed up and went back to the bus. My legs were so sore and I was so tired. Then we came back to school and did some free time. Also thank you Mr.Q and Mr.Rogers for the field trip! So how was that story? Okay so now breaking news in my backyard. Last night I was getting ready for bed. I was talking to my mom when she said," Jillian be quiet. I see something. It looks like a skunk. Let me get to the window. " She tip toed to the window trying not to scare the thing. Then she said," It is a skunk. Come here Jillian. " I came too. Then my dad came. I got scared and ran back to my bed and under the covers with my head down. My mom said to come here but I said no. But I came back and saw the white stripe on the skunk's back and tail and saw the black coat. We had lights in the backyard so we can see it. I ran to my bed again scared of the skunk. Then the skunk left. So that is the breaking news of the skunk in my backyard. Okay I got to go. Bye.


Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment